About the CCXP Certification
The CCXP program provides a means for individuals to obtain professional recognition of their high levels of knowledge of the customer experience discipline. Until the CXPA established this credential, there was no industry-wide, standardized avenue for CX practitioners to demonstrate their expertise and accomplishments, and no formal credentials that showcased an individual’s standing in the industry. As a non-profit, independent association, the CXPA is well positioned to establish the CCXP as a recognized and admired professional credential.
The purpose of the Certified Customer Experience Professional (CCXP) designation is three-fold:
- Define and evolve a global framework to assess CX practitioners’ competencies and commitment, supported by continuing professional development, through the definition of new standards, best practices, tools and technologies to continuously improve the field of CX.
- To recognize individuals with the CCXP designation via a successful examination and ongoing re-certification process, demonstrating their mastery of the knowledge and skills required to provide effective CX expertise and leadership. Furthermore, to demonstrate the professional’s commitment to proactively stay abreast of new trends in the CX field in various countries and markets.
- To provide clarity and assurance to businesses across every industry that CCXP’s possess comprehensive experience leading both strategic and tactical programs to enhance the CX for current and prospective employers.
The Benefits of Becoming a CCXP
For practitioners, the CCXP program provides recognition of a high level of knowledge in the field of customer experience and offers a framework for continual development. Candidates for this credential are looking to distinguish themselves in the workplace, validate their skills, and maximize their earning potential.
For the industry and employers, the CCXP program encompasses a core set of CX competence areas and ensures that certified professionals possess a manager-level mastery of standardized disciplines.
Anyone with a bachelor’s degree and three years of full-time CX-specific work experience is eligible to take the exam. An alternate pathway to eligibility is a high school diploma (or equivalent) and five years of full-time CX-specific work experience. More details are available on certification eligibility including experience and education requirements, plus an alternative pathway.
The certification exams are completed at designated locations that have monitored test facilities. The content in the 100 question computer-based exam covers six competencies that the CXPA has identified as required knowledge for CCXP candidates:
- Customer-Centric Culture
- Voice of the Customer, Customer Insight, and Understanding
- Organizational Adoption and Accountability
- Customer Experience Strategy
- Experience Design, Improvement, and Innovation
- Metrics, Measurement, and ROI
The non-refundable CCXP certification application fee, which includes the certification exam fee, must be submitted with the application. Certification Application and Examination fees are:
- CXPA Member: $495 (USD)
- Non-Member of the CXPA: $645 (USD)
- Non-Member including a one-year CXPA membership: $720 (USD)
There are three phases to CCXP certification:
- Program Application and Acceptance
- Exam Registration and Successful Completion
- CCXP Credentials Use and Maintenance
The Customer Experience Professionals Association created the CCXP program for the rapidly growing field of customer experience. The association brings together like-minded professionals focused on advancing the practice of customer experience management and creating career growth by establishing customer experience management as a recognized and admired professional discipline.
Benefits of membership include:
- Networking – in-person and online with colleagues around the world
- Access to research, education and tools not available anywhere else
- Career development resources
- Discounts on leading events and research
Learn more about the Customer Experience Professionals Association and their mission to enhance the growing field of customer experience management.