Make sure you’re ready for the exam by preparing thoroughly and looking through this short checklist of things you’ll need on test day.
Getting to the Center and Taking the Test
Make sure you have:
- A printed copy of the confirmation letter you received after registering for the exam. If you misplace the confirmation email, please email email@example.com for help prior to attempting to take the exam.
- A valid photo identification that includes your signature and legal first and last name (e.g., driver’s license, passport, government-issued ID)
- The test center location and phone number (just in case!)
- A map to the test center, if needed
- Just for fun, why not double-check your confirmation letter to verify the date and time of the exam?
- Remember that before beginning the test you’ll need to place all personal items – handbag or wallet, coat, and any electronic devices, including phone, tablet, calculator, camera, etc. — in a secure locker. The recommendation is, “If you don’t need it, don’t take it!”
Take a Quick Readiness Assessment
The Examination Process
- A tutorial is provided at the beginning of the exam so you can become familiar with the software before beginning the exam.
- A demonstration of the software is also available as you prepare for the exam.
About the Exam
- The exam consists of 100 items.
- All items are multiple-choice with one correct answer and three incorrect options.
- The exam is offered in English.
- There is a three-hour time limit for completing the exam.
- Your score is provided immediately upon completing the exam, and a passing score provides you immediate designation as a CCXP.